Thursday, June 29, 2006

Saints of the Day

Hi everybody! There's a really nice feature on AmericanCatholic.org called Saint of the Day. I make it my homepage so that way everyday when I turn my computer on there's a new saint to read about. Today the page is about Sts. Peter and Paul, and it's a really nice article. Of course if your checking the blog after today, it will be a different one. You can also search for the saints and read about them even if it isn't their day though! I think it's a really great way to learn about saints. http://americancatholic.org/Features/SaintofDay/default.asp

And to Peter only did Jesus say, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the nether world shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matthew 16:17b-19).

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Thanks for the post Sarah!

I thought this was a really cool hymn for the feast of Ss. Peter and Paul:


What fairer light is this than time itself doth own,
The golden day wiht beams more radiant brightening?
The princes of God's Church this feast day doth entrhone,
To sinners heavenward bound their burden lightening.
One taught mankind its creed, one guards the heavenly gate,
Founders of Rome, they bind the world in loyalty;
One by the sword achieved, one by the cross his fate;
With laurelled brows they hold eternal royalty.

Rejoice, O Rome this day, thy walls they once did sign
With princely blood, who now their glory shares with thee.
What city's vesture glows with crimson deep as thine?
What beauty else has earth that may compare with thee?
To God the three in one eternal homage be,
All honor, all renown, all songs victorious,Wo rules both heaven adn earth by one divine decree
To everlasting years in empire glorious.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home