Friday, July 21, 2006

St. Therese's Prayer

I was perusing around the internet yesterday and found this prayer by St. Therese. Lately, I've been really stressing over whether or not I'm going into the right career path and if research is what I want to do for the rest of my life, but as soon as I read this prayer I was filled with an amazing feeling of peacefulness. It was as if this huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. So now, everytime I get stressed about my future plans, I say this prayer and it really helps to bring everything into focus. I figure since we're all at a point in our lives where we're making huge decisions about our future on a day-to-day basis, this would be a very appropriate prayer to post. Just thought I'd pass it along :)



May today there be peace within.
May you trust your highest power
that you are exactly
where you are meant to be....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities
that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love
that has been given to you....
May you be content knowing
you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into our bones,
and allow your soul the freedom
to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of you....

Saint Therese of Lisieux.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Great poem, Sarah. St. Therese is by far one of my favorite saints. Her autobiography, Story of a Soul is great. If anyone would like to borrow it when we get back to school, let me know...it's well worth it. She was the saint who really got me started on how amazing the Carmelites are. Here's another poem written by St. Teresa of Avila, foundress of the Discalced Carmelites and namesake of St. Therese:

Let nothing disturb thee
Let nothing afright thee
All things are passing
God never changeth
Patient endurence attaineth to all htings.
In whom God possessith
Nothing is wanting
Alone God Sufficeth

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sarah Rose said...

Both of those poems are wonderful. My senior year I actually did a poetry project about St. Teresa of Avila which I entitled "Let Nothing Disturb You: the poetry of Teresa of Avila" I'll try to post some of the stuff from my project. I love poetry, so you find anymore, I'd love to read them!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home