Sunday, August 20, 2006

Huge Announcement!

Hi everyone!

Let's just say that I am very excited to be making this post. Yesterday, (Saturday the 19th of August), My boyfriend Tyler and I were driving up to Marquette to help our best friend move into his new apartment as he is going to NMU. We made a few pit-stops along the way. First we stopped at the Cross in the Woods, walked around, said a prayer at the statue of the holy family, and attended mass. We then made a stop in Mackinaw, where he pulled off to a little park with a view of the Mackinaw Bridge at sunset. We sat down at a picnic table there, and he got down on one knee and proposed to me! I said Yes! I'm engaged! We're going to get married! YAY! (I'm very, very happy!). When we got to Marquette we went to mass again at the St. Peter Cathedral. It was very beautiful, the stained glass windows were amazing! Also, my ring looked gorgeous under the light coming through them. I am just so excited, and I wanted to let you guys know. I'm posting this even before I've told my parents. We were too tired when we got back from the trip to go through that just yet, (his parents knew before he took me), we'll tell them tomorrow. I'm just so happy I've got tell someone! Of course we told our friend when we got there. He is going to be our best man and he's very happy for us. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all soon! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Congratulations Sarah!!

That's really cool...and I'll agree that St. Peter's Cathedral is amazing.

Again congrats to both of you!

God bless,

Brad

12:30 AM  
Blogger Sean Nolan said...

awesome congrats Sarah! I'm so happy for you, marriage is awesome and you guys seemed to work well together. Mackinac is a great place to propose, very romantic, I give at least 13 points to your new FIANCE! Spectacular to see another good Catholic couple that someday will be gifted by God with Catholiclits (thats Catholic babies).

12:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you two!

10:48 PM  
Blogger JonP said...

Big congrats Sarah!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Congratulations Sarah!!! How exciting!!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home